Monday, April 21, 2008

FIOS Actiontec problem solved!

Passive aggression works for me, and my wife's persistence beats Verizon's resistance.

More than a month ago, I wrote, "At this point, I am ready to call Verizon. I'm not looking forward to spending the time with them on the phone to troubleshoot and resolve the problem. Ideally, I'd like them to replace the Actiontec router." Truthfully, however, I was not ready to spend hours on the phone with Verizon.

But, my wife was fed up waiting for me to do it, so she jumped in and called Verizon. They told her that everything was fine, and there was no problem. So she called them every day until they opened a trouble ticket, and she kept calling them after that until they sent a technician out with a new router.

Now everything is fast and easy. XBoX Live, Second Life and on-demand TV are all cruising down the information superhighway into our home. Hopefully, we have won the war and not just the battle. Or, will Verizon have its revenge?!

BTW, the error logs on the router (something about SYN packets) and Verizon's remote tests get a failing grade in terms of diagnosing our problems. I cannot say why our old router worked intermittently and how it was failing. Don't go down that road. Just get Verizon to give you a new router.

See these other posts on this matter:

No comments: