Where is the commitment of time required?
- Planning. There is work to identify the various constituencies that will be affected. What are the use cases for each constituency today and what will they be after the switch to VOIP? A use case is a scenario that describes one interaction with the phone or VOIP system. It is better to enumerate all the use cases and see that they are handled than to get to implementation and find yourself saying, "I didn't think of that!" and having to fix a problem for angry/frustrated users.
- Systems design, integration and implementation.
- Training and support. You know what a challenge it can be to get people to change ingrained habits.
- An Asterisk virtual machine hosted for us in the cloud.
- A SIP trunking service which routes calls between the legacy telephone and cell phone networks and our Asterisk server.
- VOIP handsets.
- SIP client apps on our smartphones which work wherever our smartphones are on Wi-Fi.
Let Keystone set up a VOIP system for you with open-source software and commodity service providers. We'll charge you for the up-front time we spend, and you'll get all the savings going forward. They payback period on the up-front costs will be fast, because the ongoing savings will be substantial.